Welcome to the Warrnambool College Careers Blog. Throughout the year, this blog site will be a valuable resource for careers and training information.
Students will find valuble information about careers events and resources that will assist you on your career development journey.
Parents and Carers will also find this a very useful resource to keep up to date with events and opportunities, but also the blog will provide guidance in how you can assit your young person to navigate the school system and help them manage their transition to a life beyond school.
For more details or to make an Appointment: Contact Mr Peter Bollard, Careers Practitioner, Warrnambool College, Phone: 55 644 444.
Year 12 Students / Parents
Please note: MEGT an Employment Agency has launched a new Job Vacancy website that enables students to apply for jobs on-line by uploading your current resume directly to the Employer. You can request the website to send you vacancies for within a certain geographical area. It also has aptitude tests for students that help you to identify your skills and matches these with different trades / jobs etc. This is well worth your time !! If you are serious about getting a job !!
Up to date job vacancies – Students/job seekers should be registering with the MEGT Website https://megt.jobreadygateway.com.au/get_started and keeping an eye out for new job listings.
You can contact Shane Monaghan (MEGT) on M: 0429990719
Warrnambool College in partnership with Westvic Staffing Solutions is offering the following six traineeships commencing in January 2018.
- OUTDOOR RECREATION TRAINEESHIPS x 2 Positions These trainees will be placed in Sports Administration and Swimming Pool Operations. The trainees will be fully trained in all aspects of pool management and will participate fully in the College’s Sports, Physical Education and Outdoor Education programs. Some maintenance assistance may be required. A driver’s license is required and water safety qualifications would be an advantage.
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION TRAINEE x 2 Positions These traineeships fi ll an important public relations and customer service function by being one of the first points of contact that the public may have with the College. It is expected that they will provide a high level of customer service and be competent in the provision of up to date and relevant information. The successful applicants will also need to have good time management, great work ethic and the ability to handle meeting deadlines.
- MATHS SUPPORT TRAINEE This traineeship fills an important role in supporting the College’s Literacy & Numeracy staff to ensure the smooth, efficient running of their programs at all times. The successful applicant will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to show initiative and have strong problem solving skills.
- SPP / SPORTS ADMINISTRATION / ALUMNI TRAINEE This position includes administration tasks, SPP communications and organisational duties. It is important the trainee operates in a consistent, professional, courteous, efficient manner at all times. The provision of accurate information is important as it projects a professional image which is the aim of Warrnambool College.
- For a copy of the position descriptions for all vacancies listed above and to apply, please go to our website – www.westvic.org.au/jobs/warrnambool-college-traineeships/ When applying via our website, you will be required to complete an Application Form and attach your resume and cover letter.
- All enquiries should be directed to Tim Rantall at email@example.com or 0419 904 117.
- Applications close: 5pm on Monday November 20, 2018.
A local IT firm is seeking to employ a young person in the Computer Programming area. This is a great opportunity to stay local learn some very transferable skills and look to a future where your skills are in demand. This could be a Gap Year position or for the longer term. You must have an interest in Programming and IT in general.
Contact Mr Bollard if you are interested. ASAP
- Sponsored by the Department of Education and Training
- Valued at $1000
- Available for the duration of the course, subject to satisfactory academic progress
- One scholarship awarded each year.
Who can apply?
- Female Koorie students who are currently completing Year 12 in 2017 in a registered Victorian school, who will be commencing a full-time approved TAFE or university course in 2018 in a field that contributes to the welfare of the Koorie population (i.e. law, social work, education, psychology or applied science – health production, nursing, etc
- Students involved in Koorie community activities.
What documentation do you need to provide?
- Applicant’s 2017 academic results
- Applicant’s confirmation of enrolment in an approved TAFE or university course – evidence will be required by 1 March 2018
- Statement confirming the applicant’s involvement in Koorie community activities.
Application Closing Date
If you have not yet registered you will need to do so here Register If you have already registered you can start your application here Apply for this Scholarship
Year 12 Students – Drafting, Design / Estimating / Business Administration Job Vacancy:
We are a local new home building company and the successful applicant would receive on the job training in areas such as estimating, potential drafting, admin with the intention of ongoing employment, ideally they would be efficient in computers and an interest in design and construction.
If you are interested please contact:
Kellie Hanson – Operations Manager
201 Lava Street, Warrnambool, Victoria 3280
P: + 61 3 5562 5409 | M: + 61 407 520 028
Westvic Staffing Solutions in partnership with the Barry Maney Group (Warrnambool Branch) are seeking suitable applicants to apply for the dual role of Warehouse Operations / Truck Spare Parts Interpreter. This position will involve initially undertaking a Traineeship in Warehouse Operations then progressing to a Traineeship as a Spare Parts Interpreter.
As part of the Warehouse Operations role, the primary responsibility is to co-ordinate incoming and outgoing freight.
Tasks would include:
- Dispatching customers’ orders on time
- Liaising with Freight companies
- Checking & correctly locating stock orders
- Completing efficiently and meeting deadlines
- Promptly forwarding correctly completed paperwork via correct channel
- Pickup/Deliver parts from local suppliers & customers
- Complete delivery check sheet
- Maintain tidiness of General Store
- Assist cleaning of warehouse, back shed, canopy & display areas
- Follow opening & closing procedures
- Assist with Stock Control
- Report variances
- Report lost sales
The successful applicant shall:
- Hold a current drivers licence
- Possess a positive and professional attitude
- Have good verbal and communication skills
- Work safely and efficiently
- Have a genuine interest in Warehousing and Spare Parts within the Transport Industry
- Hold a current forklift licence (not essential)
- Have sound computer skills
- Undertake an interview and aptitude test
This full-time, permanent position includes the 2 consecutive traineeships with a total duration of approximately 3.5 years. Wages will be in accordance with relevant Trainee and Apprenticeship Awards. Start date will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please click here to download a copy of the position description.
All enquiries should be directed to Anthony Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 5561 9000.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 8th November 2017.
Go to Westvic Website to full details and Application Form: See link Below:
- Marine Mechanic Apprentice (Warrnambool) Full time
- Apprentice spray Painter Hamilton Full time
- Hospitality Traineeship (Koroit) Full time
- Trainee Tyre Fitter Warrnambool Full time– must have a licence
- Trainee wheel aligner Warrnambool Full Time
- Apprentice Cook Port Fairy Part time, School Based and Part time
- Apprentice Plumber Warrnambool Full Time
- Apprentice Panel Beater Warrnambool Full Time
All applications are done via MEGT Gateway Services vacancy site.
Applicants register as a job seeker on the site and can search via trade or postcode https://megt.jobreadygateway.com.au/get_started
Regards, Shane Monaghan
LOCHEND: RESIDENTIAL ASSISTANT POSITIONS 2018
Including a Traineeship Certificate III in Outdoor Recreation (Multiple Activities)
Wesley College Loch End Year 8 Camp is located near the Bridgewater Lakes, 20km west of Portland. Three Residential Assistant positions are available from Term 1, 2018. The period of employment is four school terms. This may be the first step into an outdoor, environmental or teaching career, or simply taken as a GAP year.
Assistants are required to enrol in a Traineeship program – Certificate III in Outdoor Recreation (Multiple Activities). The College will pay the enrolment cost. Note: this program is not available for those who have successfully completed an equivalent or higher level qualification.
The Residential Assistant’s role is one of responsibility and requires initiative, enthusiasm, and the ability to work as part of a dedicated team. This role also involves the maintenance and preparation of equipment, vehicle driving, ordering supplies, student supervision, and assisting with outdoor and environmental activities such as caving, surfing, hiking, canoeing and camping.
The Loch End program works exclusively with year 8 students from Wesley College city campuses. A manual driver’s licence, a First Aid certificate and VCE Outdoor Education is desirable.
For further information, contact Joel Burch on 55 267 100 or 0429 354 903, or Hayne Meredith on 0427 835 044. To apply, please visit the “Our Community” link on the wesleycollege.net site, look for job on the “Working at Wesley” link, and follow the prompts to apply. Applications close Fri 28 Oct and interviews will commence the following week.
Please see attachment for details or visit the Wannon Water Website.
Total Value of Scholarship = $20,000 including: $5000 for university costs plus guaranteed holiday employment.
Applications Close: Friday 15 December.
How to find Non VTAC Scholarships
Go to the Good universities Guide Link Below and Then Choose the Scholarships Tab on the op Banner.
When you have done this: use the Search Engine to find philanthropic and other scholarships.
Link: Good Uni Guide: