Each year MSRF offers a number of scholarships for Year 12 students who are planning to pursue tertiary education. The number and value of scholarships we offer each year is dependent on funding and donations that we receive, and is also dependent on our partner organisations. This page provides an overview of the scholarships that will be available for current Year 12 students to apply for (i.e. students who will complete VCE in 2017). The application process and key dates are the same for each of these scholarships.
MSRF Foundation Scholarships
- Scholarship consists of three elements: financial support, mentoring and leadership development
- Financial support is valued at $45,000 ($15,000 per annum for three years)
- Open to rural Victorian year 12 students who plan to attend university after they complete secondary school
- Online application process
- Selection criteria include: demonstrated leadership capacity/potential, financial need, desire to return to rural Victoria after graduation, community service and academic ability Key dates for all university scholarships
- Application assessment period: August & September, 2017
- Applications open: May 21, 2017
- Applications close: July 28, 2017
- Each application will be individually assessed. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by the MSRF selection panel during the September term holiday (date to be advised).
- All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their applications by October 31, 2017.
How to Apply
- Please carefully read the terms and conditions of the Foundation Scholarship before starting your application.
- Ensure that your school principal is willing to endorse your application. Only 3 applications per school will be considered.
- Apply online by clicking on the “Apply Now” button below (absent when applications have closed).
- To read the application questions in advance, please click on the apply button below and work through the forms without saving or submitting your application.
- After you submit your application you will see a confirmation page with your unique application code and instructions for your school principal and other referees. Forward that information to your school principal and other referees. Applications MUST receive endorsement from school principals before the closing date to be considered for a scholarship. One school reference is essential, and other references are recommended
- Other references are optional but strongly recommended.
- Applications will be individually assessed, and may be shortlisted for interview. Interviews form part of the application process. All applications and interviews will be treated in the strictest confidence.
- The MSRF Scholarship Selection Panel and MSRF Board will consider the following in selecting scholarship recipients:
- Selection of scholarship recipients will be managed by the MSRF Scholarship Selection Panel and approved by the MSRF Board.
- Demonstrated leadership in their local community (e.g. school leadership; participation or volunteering in in community organisations, events, sporting clubs; sharing family responsibilities; extra-curricular roles at school etc.)
- Managing and/or overcoming personal disadvantage i.e. financial disadvantage, cultural challenges, social challenges, remoteness, disability, significant loss, trauma or other hardship.
- Commitment to learning and academic ability.
- Demonstrated interest and passion for living in rural/regional Victoria and an intent to return to rural/regional Victoria.
- The level of likely impact on their life and rural/regional Victoria if awarded the scholarship
- References confirming examples of demonstrated leadership, academic ability and potential, experience of hardship and how they have handled personal challenges.
Website Link: http://www.msrf.org.au/scholarships/