Students from regional and remote areas can now apply for scholarships valued at up to $18,000 to undertake STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) studies, including in agriculture and health fields.
The Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships supports students for up to four years (or the part-time equivalent) with the costs of studying a Certificate IV to a PhD level course. The scholarships support flexible study and include part-time and online students.
Students may receive a further $500 to support an internship.
To be eligible for a scholarship the applicant must:
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, holder of a permanent humanitarian visa, or a New Zealand citizen living in Australia;
- not have already commenced their eligible course of study;
- have a permanent home address that is in a regional or remote area as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard. Applicants can check the remoteness classification of their address.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of need and merit, as outlined in Section 6 of the program guidelines, with priority given to women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people among others.You can submit your application and supporting documentation to the Scholarship Support Organisation at the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC).
- To apply for a scholarship, applicants must submit a completed application form and attach the following supporting documentation:
- How to apply
- evidence of Australian citizenship, permanent residency, holding a permanent humanitarian visa or being a New Zealand citizen living in Australia;
- proof of residence in a regional or remote area in Australia;
- evidence of financial need; and
- evidence of eligibility for other considerations (available in Section 6 of the program guidelines).Scholarship Support Organisation
- The Department of Education and Training has contracted the QTAC as the Scholarship Support Organisation, to manage the application and selection processes, distribute scholarship funding, monitor continued eligibility and compliance with scholarship conditions, and report to the department.
- Applications for the 2018 round of the Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarship program are open from Monday, 4 December 2017 and close Monday, 8 January 2018.