Reminders – How VTAC Works
- Always Accept or Defer your first offer.
- You are sill eligible for any VTAC Preferences above the Offer you received in round 1.
- So you might sill get an offer in round 2 for you higher Preference’s
- We recommend you accept your Round 1 offer and if you receive a Round 2 offer you can easily transfer to the new offer.
- If you have any questions – Please ring me on 0477 664 960
Peter Bollard, Careers Practitioner.
With Round 1 offers now released, change of preference prior to Round 2 is open until 29 January 2018 (4pm) for domestic and international applicants.
For students who had submitted a course application but failed to pay the course application fee, late payments can now be made through their existing VTAC account. The late payment fee is $53 and must be paid by Monday 29 January (4pm) for Round 2 consideration.
For students who had not submitted a course application last year but now wish to apply for courses in Victoria, January applications can now be submitted by creating a VTAC account and applying for courses. January applications close on Monday 22 January 2018 (5pm), with payment of the $53 fee due by 4pm the next day. Please note that January applicants will not be able to change their submitted preferences until after Round 2.
Deakin’s Warrnambool campus has in 2017 been working with the south west community to establish a scholarship fund that will provide financial support for students to commence their undergraduate degree here on campus. We would like to offer your year 12 students the opportunity to apply for a $7000 scholarship to study here at the Warrnambool campus, commencing in Trimester 1 2018. Please note the scholarships are targeted for students to commence undergraduate degrees in Education (Primary Ed), Health, Science (Marine Biology), Psychological Science and Commerce.
All of these degree programs are listed on our Deakin webpage at http://www.deakin.edu.au/deakin-warrnambool
The application process for students who may wish to apply can be found at http://www.deakin.edu.au/courses/scholarships/find-a-scholarship/south-west-philanthropic-scholarships-for-deakin-warrnambool-campus
All applications will be reviewed to identify students who are most appropriate and meet the eligibility criteria for entry into their chosen course. All successful applicants will also be eligible for a discount for accommodation on campus at the Student Residence.
If you have any Questions – Please Contact Peter Bollard – Careers Practitioner
At FedUni we know our students thrive in an environment that rewards dedication, ambition and a drive to succeed. That’s why we’re excited to announce the FedUni High Achievers Scholarship. Students who receive an ATAR of 80+ will be eligible for up to $17,000 including one year of on-campus accommodation. Visit our website to learn more.
Students from regional and remote areas can now apply for scholarships valued at up to $18,000 to undertake STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) studies, including in agriculture and health fields.
The Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships supports students for up to four years (or the part-time equivalent) with the costs of studying a Certificate IV to a PhD level course. The scholarships support flexible study and include part-time and online students.
Students may receive a further $500 to support an internship.
To be eligible for a scholarship the applicant must:
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, holder of a permanent humanitarian visa, or a New Zealand citizen living in Australia;
- not have already commenced their eligible course of study;
- have a permanent home address that is in a regional or remote area as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard. Applicants can check the remoteness classification of their address.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of need and merit, as outlined in Section 6 of the program guidelines, with priority given to women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people among others.You can submit your application and supporting documentation to the Scholarship Support Organisation at the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC).
- To apply for a scholarship, applicants must submit a completed application form and attach the following supporting documentation:
- How to apply
- evidence of Australian citizenship, permanent residency, holding a permanent humanitarian visa or being a New Zealand citizen living in Australia;
- proof of residence in a regional or remote area in Australia;
- evidence of financial need; and
- evidence of eligibility for other considerations (available in Section 6 of the program guidelines).Scholarship Support Organisation
- The Department of Education and Training has contracted the QTAC as the Scholarship Support Organisation, to manage the application and selection processes, distribute scholarship funding, monitor continued eligibility and compliance with scholarship conditions, and report to the department.
- Applications for the 2018 round of the Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarship program are open from Monday, 4 December 2017 and close Monday, 8 January 2018.
Looking to go to university in 2018? Need help with fees?
Life can be hard enough without having to worry about what tertiary scholarships, if any, are out there.
If you’re a first time university student you’re looking in the right place. Bendigo and Adelaide Bank offers one of Australia’s leading scholarship programs. From agriculture based scholarships, to those connected to one of our many Community Bank® branches, we have something to help you reach your university dreams.
The 2018 Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarship Program will open for applications from 1 December 2017.
Go to the web Link: https: https://www.bendigobank.com.au/public/community/scholarships/2018-scholarships
Cambourne Medical Clinic have a position for a Year 12 graduate in the medical / office administration area. Initially this is a Traineeship position (Business Certificate III). To Apply Email your Resume directly to: email@example.com. Mark Your Application “Attention Sharlene”. ASAP.
Year 12 Students / Parents
Please note: MEGT an Employment Agency has launched a new Job Vacancy website that enables students to apply for jobs on-line by uploading your current resume directly to the Employer. You can request the website to send you vacancies for within a certain geographical area. It also has aptitude tests for students that help you to identify your skills and matches these with different trades / jobs etc. This is well worth your time !! If you are serious about getting a job !!
Up to date job vacancies – Students/job seekers should be registering with the MEGT Website https://megt.jobreadygateway.com.au/get_started and keeping an eye out for new job listings.
You can contact Shane Monaghan (MEGT) on M: 0429990719
Warrnambool College in partnership with Westvic Staffing Solutions is offering the following six traineeships commencing in January 2018.
- OUTDOOR RECREATION TRAINEESHIPS x 2 Positions These trainees will be placed in Sports Administration and Swimming Pool Operations. The trainees will be fully trained in all aspects of pool management and will participate fully in the College’s Sports, Physical Education and Outdoor Education programs. Some maintenance assistance may be required. A driver’s license is required and water safety qualifications would be an advantage.
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION TRAINEE x 2 Positions These traineeships fi ll an important public relations and customer service function by being one of the first points of contact that the public may have with the College. It is expected that they will provide a high level of customer service and be competent in the provision of up to date and relevant information. The successful applicants will also need to have good time management, great work ethic and the ability to handle meeting deadlines.
- MATHS SUPPORT TRAINEE This traineeship fills an important role in supporting the College’s Literacy & Numeracy staff to ensure the smooth, efficient running of their programs at all times. The successful applicant will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to show initiative and have strong problem solving skills.
- SPP / SPORTS ADMINISTRATION / ALUMNI TRAINEE This position includes administration tasks, SPP communications and organisational duties. It is important the trainee operates in a consistent, professional, courteous, efficient manner at all times. The provision of accurate information is important as it projects a professional image which is the aim of Warrnambool College.
- For a copy of the position descriptions for all vacancies listed above and to apply, please go to our website – www.westvic.org.au/jobs/warrnambool-college-traineeships/ When applying via our website, you will be required to complete an Application Form and attach your resume and cover letter.
- All enquiries should be directed to Tim Rantall at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0419 904 117.
- Applications close: 5pm on Monday November 20, 2018.
A local IT firm is seeking to employ a young person in the Computer Programming area. This is a great opportunity to stay local learn some very transferable skills and look to a future where your skills are in demand. This could be a Gap Year position or for the longer term. You must have an interest in Programming and IT in general.
Contact Mr Bollard if you are interested. ASAP